PROMO Fund’s first LGBTQ Leadership Cohort in Greene County supported by the Community Foundation of the Ozarks!
This cohort is open to LGBTQ individuals in the Greene County area who are excited about growing in local leadership.
The curriculum has nine sessions led by experts in LGBTQ advocacy across the country focusing on a variety of leadership skills for emerging LGBTQ leaders interested in serving on local boards, commissions, and more.
Applications for the 2021 LGBTQ Leadership Cohort are now closed.
LGBTQ Leadership Cohort members can expect to learn from experts in LGBTQ advocacy across the country covering the following topics. Graduates from this program feeling empowered and prepared serving on local nonprofit boards, city commissions, or advisory groups in Greene County to advocate for LGBTQ youth, individuals, and families accessing services and programs.
- Mastering Messaging while Advocating for the LGBTQ Community
- Intersectional Approaches in Leadership
- National, State, and Local LGBTQ History
- Local LGBTQ Population and Systemic Barriers
- LGBTQ Inclusive Policies and Best Practices
- Board Procedures
- Understanding and Creating a Healthy Budget
- Networking with local LGBTQ Leaders