The year 2015 had its up and down moments. Here were the top moments of 2015, in no particular order.
1. Marriage is the law of the land.
2. Over 1,000 businesses support the Missouri Nondiscrimination Act and oppose LGBT discrimination.
3. All legally married Missouri couples are able to change their name with the Social Security Administration.
4. Cox Health and Fulton State Hospital updated their policies to include both patient and employee nondiscrimination protections.
5. Sage of Metro St. Louis and PROMO Fund merged in July of 2015 to make Sage of PROMO Fund.
6. The White House and U.S. Department of Health and Human Services hosted a LGBT Summit in St. Louis that was co-hosted by PROMO and Missouri Foundation for Health.
7. There were 1,500 providers trained on LGBT issues by Sage of PROMO Fund and PROMO Fund.
8. MOEqualityBiz.com, an inclusive business directory, was launched by PROMO in 2015.
9. Finally, 8 anti-LGBT bills were defeated in the Missouri Legislature in 2015.